Thursday, September 9, 2010

Workshop



Last month, I attended a one-week course in bicycle maintenance and repair at United Bicycle Institute in Ashland, Oregon. The trip was made possible by a generous donation from Green Bikes founder Hank Sirlin. After completing the course, I'm certainly no pro but I now know enough to teach some basic workshops for the community. The first one took place last weekend at The Commons and was attended by fourteen people who learned to change a tire, repair a flatted tube and clean their chains. The next workshop will cover replacing a chain and move on adjusting derailleurs.

While I was in Ashland, two of my classmates made contributions to our program so THANKS to Liz and Sara! We'll be using the funds to purchase tools and supplies for the program. Much appreciated!

And speaking of thanks, a shout out to Derek Kilbourn at the Gabriola Sounder for supplying the photo for this post.

No comments: